The transformation of the former First Baptist Church building into a thriving, affordable performing arts center and innovation hub will have far-reaching, long-lasting impact in our community.
Breathing new life into our facility will:
- Maintain a historic building in downtown Kalamazoo for the foreseeable future.
- Offer young entrepreneurs and start-up nonprofits an affordable place to learn and grow in an efficient, safe, technologically modern facility.
- Strengthen the diversity of the community by fostering BIPOC and women-led organizations in our region.
- Make programs in the building more accessible to people of all abilities.
- Complement the city’s long-term plan to help make downtown Kalamazoo a destination.
- Offer one of the finest performance venues in the region.